Tourism and Service Management
Last update: 30.08.2010
6th TourMIS Users’ Workshop
and International Seminar on Demographic Change and Tourism
September 16-17, 2010
***Final programme available below***
The event will take place at MODUL University Vienna.
We are pleased to announce that MODUL University Vienna will host two international events about tourism on September 16-17, 2010. Both events are directed toward managers, academics as well as consultants and representatives of governments and international organizations dealing with tourism. Participants are invited to register for both days, or chose to participate in just one event.
The TourMIS Workshop (day 1) offers training on how to use of TourMIS, the marketing information-system for tourism managers, and provides participants with information on relevant methodologies to analyze tourism. The workshop mainly addresses analysts and marketers from tourism organizations.
The International Seminar on Demographic Change and Tourism (day 2) is devoted to illustrating the main demographic trends worldwide for the near future and their impact on the tourism industry. International experts from academia and the industry will take turn on the podium to analyze the following aspects:
- Session I: global demographic change and its consequences for societies and tourism.
- Session II: a workshop actively engaging delegates in group discussions about how the tourism industry can cope with the challenges brought by demographic change.
- Session III: case examples of product development/rejuvenation turning the challenges brought by demographic change into chances.
- Session IV: experts from relevant source markets illustrate how visitors’ profiles will look like by 2030.
- Session V (new): presentation and discussion of workshop's results.
We invite you to visit this web page (www.modul.ac.at/tourmis) to keep up to date with news related to the event.
We look forward to welcoming you in Vienna!
Prof. Dr. Karl Wöber President
Regstrations (contact): Ms Bozana ZEKAN (contact: bozana.zekan[at]modul.ac.at) Researcher and Lecturer MODUL University Vienna
Time: September 16-17, 2010
Venue: MODUL University Vienna Am Kahlenberg 1, A-1190 Vienna (map)
Costs: Participation in this event is free (accommodation and travel costs need to be covered by each participant).
Programme: (click here) (pdf, 167 KB)
Hotel booking and Registration form: (click here) (pdf, 165 KB) Please note: transportation to and from the conference venue is provided for the guests of DERAG Kaiser Franz Josef hotel only. Accommodation availability is not granted after August 15, 2010.