Besides actively implementing the principles of social and environmental sustainability at the university itself the committee also seeks to share the knowledge gained. Publishing knowledge firstly serves to transfer insight to other institutions and is secondly a benchmark of the quality of its own efforts. Thus, the Sustainability Committee already submitted several projects to the Austrian Sustainability Award and has been very successful so far:
- Second place in the category ‘Student Initiatives’
- Second place in the category ‘ Communication and Decision Making’
- First place in the category "Structural Foundation"
- Third place in the category "Teaching & Curricula/International Cooperations"
- Second place in the category "Structural Foundation"
The Austrian Sustainability Award is an integral part of the Austrian Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development and puts sustainability on the agenda of all Austrian universities. It is intended as an incentive for universities to actively pursue sustainability issues and not only give a lip service. Thus, sustainability is not only a part of the mission statement but more importantly, of everyday life at the university.