Please visit Bachelor Admissions Requirements by Country to see what entry criteria apply to you based on your high school leaving certificate and English proficiency.
All applicants must provide proof of their English proficiency, at minimum level B2 - according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - through a test taken within the last two years.
ACCEPTED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR APPLICANTS:
TOEFL Internet-Based Test– 76 points. A minimum of 22 points in writing is required
IELTS – band score 6.0. We do not accept sub-scores below 5.5. A minimum of 6.0 in writing is required
Cambridge Certificate – First Certificate in English (FCE): Minimum grade B
Pearson Academic – 65 points
* Exceptions will only be considered for students who are English natives or have completed their high school education entirely in English at recognized International Schools following American, British, or IB curricula. Our admissions committee maintains the authority to request any additional evidence of English proficiency if deemed necessary.
Apply using MU's online application tool.
Fill in all required fields and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (personal data sheet)
- Letter of motivation (description of reasons for applying to Modul University Vienna)
- High school certificate
- High school transcripts of records
- Copy of passport
- Passport-sized photograph
- One letter of recommendation (from academic sources)
- Proof of English proficiency level B2. We accept the following certificates:
|TOEFL Internet-Based Test||76 points. A minimum of 22 points in writing is required|
|IELTS||Band score 6.0. We do not accept sub-scores below 5.5. A minimum of 6.0 in writing is required|
|Cambridge Certificate||First Certificate in English (FCE): Minimum grade B|
|Pearson Academic||65 points|
Exceptions: If not available yet, the high school leaving certificate may be submitted later on. In such cases, the most up-to-date transcripts must be submitted and provisional admission may be granted until the pending document is submitted.
Please note that all documents must be submitted in English. Only high school leaving certificates and transcripts are also accepted in German.
The admission process includes the reviewing and evaluating of each application on an individual basis for an applicant's abilities as a student. If approved, you’ll be contacted by an admissions team member soon thereafter in order to schedule an online interview.
The interview will give the university the opportunity to clarify issues arising from the application as well as permitting an assessment of the personality profile of the applicants. It will also ensure that applicants understand the expectations with regard to their chosen program. It is also the chance for applicants to ask any further questions.
Usually once per week the admissions committee decides on admission based on previous education performance, the motivation and general impression, extracurricular activities, interview performance and academic aptitude of the applicant. If approved, admissions documents will be sent to the future student.
Note: Applications will also be accepted before high school graduation.