Prerequisite for the admission to the PhD study program is a master or diploma degree in the field of business or one of the social or economic sciences from an accredited post-secondary educational institution. Applicants who do not completely fulfill these requirements can qualify by successfully completing Master of Science courses at MODUL University Vienna.
Step 1: Submit your application as a PDF
Before you can apply for the PhD study program officially, please submit a complete application including the prospective dissertation area topic as one single pdf via email to admissionssymbolmodul.acpunktat.
Please see below for a list of required documents.
Your application will be evaluated by the Dean and if applicable, a potential supervisor will be suggested to you.
For your information, a list of potential supervisors and their research profiles can be found here.
Step 2: Application and Curriculum Vitae
After you have received positive feedback, please submit your application online!
Apply using MU's online application tool!
Fill in all required fields and be prepared to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research and Career Interest
- Copies of certificates and degrees
- Official copy of results of an English proficiency test or other proof for non-native speakers, i.e. proof of English proficiency level C2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages; 100 internet-based test; IELTS band score 7.0 (no sub-score under 6.0); or Cambridge Certificate (Certificate of Advanced English). Please note: The Admissions Committee may decide upon the recognition of other evidence of language skills.
- One example of a research publication or report (optional)
- Copy of passport
- Two letters of recommendation
Please note that all documents must be submitted in English.
Step 3: Application Review & Interview
After you have submitted a complete application, you’ll be contacted by an admissions team member soon thereafter in order to schedule a personal interview at the campus or a video Skype interview. The interview will give the Admission Committee the opportunity to clarify issues arising from the application as well as permit an assessment of the personality profile of the applicants. It will also allow an understanding of the expectations of the applicants with regard to the course. Last but not least, it is a chance for applicants to ask any questions they might have.
Step 4: Admission Decision
The Admissions Committee makes its decision based on its estimation of the applicant's potential for academic success. To aid in making its decision, the Committee carefully considers the applicant's previous field(s) of study, academic performance, motivation, extracurricular activities, interview, and academic aptitude. If approved, admissions documents will be sent to the future student.