Study start on campus this fall
May 26, 2021
MU study programs start on campus
Since Modul University is an independent private university the University Board has decided that the fall semester will start on campus in Vienna. Students, staff and professors will meet each other in person as long as safety and health are ensured. Every visitor and employee is asked to follow the safety regulations. Like every year, programs start with the traditional Orientation week late September.
MU learned to switch class modes adjusting to sudden changes. In case of necessety, accepted MU students can choose their most convenient study mode according to latest safety and travel guidelines. The two options are: Online mode or Hybrid mode. MU’s hybrid learning methodology aims at combining the best elements of physical presence-based learning and remote collaboration for an enhanced and yet flexible study experience.
- Our classrooms are equipped with cameras which will make it possible for students joining the classes remotely to have a view of the classroom, the lecturer and their peers.
- Microphones and audio boxes have been installed to relay and record the voices of the lecturer and of other students during the sessions; as well as amplify remote students’ questions or input to the students physically present in the classroom
- When joining a live session remotely, students will participate in the sessions via web-conferencing and remote collaboration tools so they can join discussions, conduct presentations, and group work in real time.
- Classrooms have been equipped with an adjustable teachers’ display allowing for the use of a shared digital whiteboard so that the lecturer’s input is visible to both students on campus and those connected remotely
Different class types will be delivered in different formats:
Watch the video about MU´s Hybrid Learning.
Lectures: attendance-optional classes fully online & remotely
Classes will be delivered live, with interactive functions, to give you the opportunity to be active in class and gain participation points!
Exercises, seminars, and practical trainings: require mandatory attendanceand will be offered in hybrid format
For students in Vienna who can be on campus, classes will be delivered face-to-face, whereas for students who chose to stay home or cannot travel to Vienna from semester start, classes will be delivered in the form of a virtual classroom, offering all students the opportunity to study at the same time and interact with their fellow classmates (e.g. group projects) no matter if they are in class or at home.
MU ensures that content will be made available in a-synchronised (on demand) fashion for all students joining from very different time zones than Vienna/Central Europe. Interactive elements, group work, consultations will be offered following an amended schedule.
All students can start their studies in Fall or Spring terms. If you have any visa or travel related issues that may delay your arrival, or if you have general safety or health concerns and would like to take the first semester entirely online, you can do so by expressing this choice before the semester starts! If your travel arrangements allow you to join the courses on campus later in the semester, you can of course change from entirely online to the hybrid option. This change is allowed once per semester.
How do we ensure safety on campus?
- All courses delivered on campus in a hybrid mode will follow safety regulations and distancing guidelines with guaranteed distance between students
- Large lectures will take place virtually only in an interactive real time fashion
- Hygiene protocols have been intensified