MU Language Program
MODUL University Vienna offers an extensive selection of language courses available to our students. While taking a language course is not a mandatory component of the study plan, we highly recommend that all students take advantage of the opportunity to study a foreign language. The language program has been open to all MU students since the Fall 2013/2014 Semester.
1. Course Offer
MODUL University Vienna
Students may enroll in A-level German courses at MODUL University Vienna through the course registration portal. The credits obtained will be visible on the MU transcript but not considered for the GPA. MU’s Examination Regulations and Student Code of Conduct apply. MU reserves the right to offer these levels upon demand. If a German A-level course is cancelled due to a low registration number or is full due to a high registration number, students may register for an equivalent course at the Sprachenzentrum upon approval of the Academic Office.
Language Partner Institutes
MU has partnered with various language institutes across Vienna to enhance the variety of language courses available for our students. These partners offer a diverse mix of languages at many levels on different days and times, thus providing maximum flexibility for each student's individual course schedule. Students may enroll for any language at our partner institutes - German A-level courses are exempt.
2. Course Registration at Partner Institutes
Students who wish to register for a language course at a partner institute are required to submit the MU Language Program Voucher which can be obtained in the Academic Office (MON-FRI 10-12 & WED 1-4). This voucher shall be submitted no later than two weeks after issue date to the language partner institute. Further information on registration for courses at our partner institutes can be found on the Intranet. Please note:
- Language course registration at a partner institute is binding. Attendance of course meetings is mandatory. Course registration/ withdrawal and attendance is subject to the institute's policy.
- Upon completion of the course, a certificate will be issued. However, the course grade will not be visible on the MU transcript
3. Program Policy
- Students are allowed to register for 1 course per semester.
- Up to 4 language courses per study program are covered by MU.
- Any student who fails 2 language courses will be ineligible for future courses paid through the MU Language Program.
- Only currently enrolled students are eligible to participate in the MU Language Program.
- MU only covers the costs for regular semester courses (e.g. 30-40 units) but not for intensive courses (more than 40 units) – Exception: German B and C levels at the Sprachenzentrum (Trimester courses @ 54 units).
- Students may enroll for any language at our partner institutes – German A-level courses are exempt.
- Exchange students may only enroll in German A-level courses offered at MU unless the appropriate level is unavailable.
- Courses are subject to availability:
- Courses may be cancelled due to low enrollment numbers.
- The desired course may not be available if a course is fully booked.
- Students who fail to comply with the MU Language Program Policy, i.e. registering for courses despite ineligibility will be responsible for ALL associated costs (partner institute: fee of the course) or the course registration will be cancelled (if applicable).