Certificate in Innovation and Design for Tourism
This certificate can be taken by students in the MSc in Management and the MSc in International Tourism Management as part of their degree program.
Two emerging trends have been reshaping the tourism sector in recent years. Nowadays, travelers are not just interested in having a nice holiday, they are seeking truly exceptional experiences. These experiences are further enhanced by technology, which is increasingly used to inform, book, and navigate at a destination.
The rapid development of information and communications technology in tourism has had a huge impact on tourist experiences. Online booking, social media usage during the trip, and the abundance of travel apps have changed the way people travel. Graduates with an understanding of communication technologies in tourism as well as consumer usage and adoption are highly sought after in the tourism sector.
Experience engineering and design are at the core of successful management at tourist destinations. This certificate will provide you with the tools and know-how to create exceptional tourist experiences and build a solid an understanding of experience design and information and communication technology in tourism.
Students will gain insight into:
- E-tourism, social media and tourism
- Digital marketing for destinations
- Experience design and creation
- Special tourism sector design (e.g. health tourism)
Innovation and Design for Tourism Courses
Weekend Courses: Choose six of the following courses (3 ECTS each, 18 ECTS total)
- Designing Tourism Experiences
- Health Tourism and Hospitality
- Strategic Marketing for Destination Marketing Organizations
- Principles of Consumer Behavior in Tourism
- Big Data and Decision Support
- Telecommunications - Marketing, Branding, Sales
- Social Media Intelligence
- Information Systems Management