Major in Public Governance and Sustainable Development
Why complete a major in Public Governance and Sustainable Development?
Combines traditional business subjects with understanding and training in contemporary practices of good governance and effective public management, as well as an understanding of the challenges of building economic and social well-being by preserving and protecting our shared natural environment.
A strong focus on good governance practices of institutions and organizations operating within a larger set of regional, national and international frameworks.
Designed for individuals who are seeking to improve their public management skills and to provide innovative leadership for government, non-profit, or mixed public-private organizations.
Graduates will be qualified to:
- Negotiate, plan and implement sustainable programs and policies
- Design, monitor and analyze green business practices
- Plan regional economic development strategies that incorporate principles of sustainability
- Work in interdisciplinary teams and offer problem analysis and consulting
The business core focuses on fundamental business knowledge, management techniques and leadership strategies. Core Courses include Financial Management and Reporting; Leadership; Managing People, Teams and Organizations; Entrepreneurship; Innovation; Project Management; as well as Digital Marketing.
For more information on the MBA Core Courses please click here.
Enrichment courses that are focused on this area of specialization:
- Social Entrepreneurship I: Fundamentals
- Social Entrepreneurship II: Bootcamp
- Green Business Strategies
- European Union Policies
- Creating Positive Impact in Investing and Finance
- The Legal and Regulatory Framework of the EU
- Special Issues in Sustainable Development
- Economic Development Strategies and Policies