The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of competitive analysis as they apply to strategic decision making. To successfully complete this course students must:
- display a sound understanding of concepts and theories of strategic management and be able to appraise models and evidence critically
- evaluate and interpret new information and theory
- engage in problem solving - analyze and characterize the nature of the strategic situation facing a firm or other organisation
- demonstrate a capacity to think logically about a range of strategic business issues
- apply this knowledge and advocate a strategic roadmap for an organisation.
Detailed Course Content
This course will take you on a journey where you will gain a new understanding about what competitive analysis and strategy is, why it matters and what you must to do to lead the effort. You will learn to analyze a company’s business environment, select a strategy, and organize the firm for strategic success. We will explore and apply tools, frameworks, techniques and practices developed by leading strategy scholars to arrive at insights that are both applicable in the business world and deeply rooted in rigorous academic knowledge.