Master in Business Administration
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of Innovation management.
After completing this course, students will have the ability to:
- Understand the dynamic nature of innovation and corresponding implications for strategic management.
- Critically reflect on modern approaches, i.e. theories, methods and empirical findings in the area of innovation management.
- Recognize the origins and discovery of innovation/opportunities.
- Structure and solve complex problems in the field of innovation using existing. theories, methods and empirical findings, as well as to reasonably evaluate existing solutions.
- Discuss the success factors and boundary conditions on open and user-centric innovation.
- Create innovative ideas and concepts for products, services and business models, using the Design Thinking method.
- Appraise and develop solutions and assumptions in iterative test and feedback loops.
- Visualize developed ideas and transforming them into functional models.
Detailed Course Content
Central theories and methods of Innovation management will be introduced and discussed - mainly in the following areas:
- Sources of innovation
- Strategies of innovation
- Organization of Innovation
- Creativity of Innovation
Students will gain an understanding on how established firms can increase their innovativeness by facilitating entrepreneurial thinking and acting of their employees and how to gather data from external sources.