Master in Business Administration
Hotel Real Estate Planning and Valuation
- Introduction to the real estate market
- Real estate development process
- Different valuations methods
- Valuation in the hospitality industry
The aim of this course is to develop students’ understanding of the key concepts and principles of real estate planning and valuations.
To successfully complete this course students must:
- Understand the fundamentals of the real estate market
- Recognize various special types of real estate
- Understand the trading potential of hotels
- Understand the real estate development process
- Be conversant with the different types of valuation methods
- Can roughly establish and evaluate the cash flow for a hotel operation
- Recognize and understand the aspects that influence the value of properties and yields as decision making tool for investments and developments
- Be conversant with the different key terms of property development and valuation
- Two seminar days.
- Students are expected to actively contribute and prepare for each session as well as to lead discussions and engage in an academic debate.
- Concepts and theoretical background of the topics will be introduced.
- Practical examples will be done by all individuals for better understanding.