Step 1: Application
If you have decided to apply for one of the MBA programs at MU, you can start your application process using MU’s online application tool at applynow.modul.ac.at. Below you can see the list of documents required for admission.
We have 2 intakes during the year – you can start your studies in spring or fall. Please check the deadlines for the application here.
- Curriculum vitae (resume)
- Motivation letter (description of reasons for applying to Modul University Vienna)
- Proof of a Bachelor degree (including transcripts) with a minimum duration of three years or completion of an equivalent degree relevant to the content of the study program. In exceptional cases, admission of persons who do not hold a university degree is possible if they can provide proof of an equivalent qualification. This can be e.g. diploma courses, further education plus an extensive and relevant professional experience as well as other career related achievements. In this case, proof of a secondary school leaving certificate must be provided.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Proof of English proficiency level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, i.e.:
- TOEFL - Internet-Based Test 88 points
- IELTS - band score 6.5 (no sub-score under 6.0)
- Cambridge Certificate (Certificate of Advanced English) -from Grade C (a min. of 180 points)
- Pearson Academic – min. 75 points Duolingo English Proficiency Test – min. 112 points
- Modul University Admissions English Entrance Exam (for further information please follow this link)
- Other proof of C1 level proficiency e.g. at least 2 years of secondary or higher education in English (assessed case by case)
- 2 letters of recommendation (from academic or professional sources)
- Copy of passport
Please note that all documents must be submitted in English.
Only university degree diplomas (Bachelor, Master) are also accepted in the German language. Please make sure that your application is complete. Incomplete applications won't be considered!
Step 2: Application Review & Interview
The admission process includes the reviewing and evaluating of each application on an individual basis for an applicant's abilities as a student. If approved, you’ll be contacted by an admissions team member soon thereafter in order to schedule a personal interview on campus or a video Skype interview.
The interview will give the university the opportunity to clarify issues arising from the application as well as permitting an assessment of the personality profile of the applicants. It will also allow an understanding of the expectations of the applicants regarding the course. It also is the chance for applicants to ask all open questions. To gain acceptance, applicants must pass the formal admission interview.
Step 3: Admission Decision
Usually once per week the Admissions Committees get together and decides about admission based on previous education performance, the motivation and general impression, work experience, interview performance and academic aptitude. If approved, students will be informed about their acceptance and admissions documents will be sent to them.