FAB X-22: Developing future success stories!
May 04, 2022
No-one ever said building a startup is easy, but what if the journey can be made a bit more inspiring? This year’s MU accelerator program, FAB X – 22, is almost at its halfway point. Find out more about the program progress below!
The Modul University Startup Hub is in its fourth year of running a competitive and design-thinking-driven accelerator program. The program accepted 6 startups this year, each of which were required to present a proof-of-concept idea in the area of Food & Beverage, Travel, Services and/or Tech, and be ready to go to market in 2022 to get through the application process. This year’s program has been conceptualized and is led by MU Adjunct Professor, Dr. Lidija Lalicic.
To deliver the program material, Dr. Lalicic has engaged a team of high-profile experts, who come with both academic and industry backgrounds:
- Bettina Wittman: Founder of weBOUND – digital marketing and process optimization agency – and guest lecturer/ expert speaker
- Bruce Liu: PhD candidate, Digital Strategist, expert in Business Development and Software Development
- Georg Fürlinger: established Austria’s Innovation Office in Silicon Valley and former team member for Standford University’s startup accelerator and Adjunct Professor at New York Institute of Technology
- Marco Poliafico: 15+ years experience in the cleantech and sustainability industry, expert strategy, analytics, operations and finance
- Marlene Johler: M&A, venture capital, consulting and circular economy expert and Founder of MindX
- Peter Skala: strategic advisor in salesmarketing and in the optimization of business models, winner of the “Austrian State Award in Marketing”
- Svitlana Kalitsun: lawyer and trainer at the Negotiation Academy with extensive negotiation experience on behalf of top law firms.
The program is split into 4 modules, including online expert sessions and monthly in-person Atelier sessions which are held at the infamous startup stomping ground and co-working space, Talent Garden Vienna and which allow the startups to update the rest of the group regularly on their progress.
Not only that, the 6 startups have each been paired with their very own mentor who act as a personal coach and sounding board throughout the program’s 3-month duration. Ex-MU Students Jan Jedlinski, Susanne Klepsch and Sophie Ziethen, and externals Marco Poliafico, Peter Skala and Reinhard Vock, and have each volunteered to dedicate time from their busy professional schedules to support the participating startups. We are incredibly grateful for their openness to share their secrets to success with the program participants.
If you’d like further information or would be interested in attending the upcoming Atelier Session “Time to Gear Up” and meet the startups in person at Talent Garden, please contact Rachel Doherty directly: rachel.dohertymodul.ac.at.
What do our previous program participants say about the FAB X accelerator?
“The FAB X Accelerator program is a great chance to acquire new knowledge in how to start and expand your business. The mentors and experts take their valuable time as well for each individual case to face your challenges to get you to the next step. Modul University itself is supporting you with their network which could become very important for your future success. As well it is a great initiative to benefit from other national and international startups and a fantastic platform to exchange new ideas.”
Ronja Scherzinger, CEO FashionTouri