Master in Business Administration
The goal is to get an overview of big data approaches and applications, and to gain a critical understanding of opportunities and limitations of big data analysis. This should help students to better assess big data analyses and tools for decision support.
- Look and feel of big data projects
- How is big data research different from traditional social science research?
- Big data sources
- How big is big data?
- Big in time and space
- How do Google and Facebook handle big data?
- Data visualization
- Text as data
- What is machine learning?
- Computational limits of big data analysis
- Methodological limits of big data analysis
- Ethics and privacy