‘The Open Office’ was launched to complement and enhance the educational experience of all students at MU. The Open Office is comprised of Bozana Zekan, Ivo Ponocny, Sabine Sedlacek and Bobbi Stienmetz who will be available to MU students throughout their studies to offer academic mentoring and counseling.
The role of The Open Office is to support and advise students during their time at MU. Students may approach The Open Office advisors with questions and concerns related to their studies and/or personal issues such as:
- Improving academic performance
- Advice on choosing a study program or continuing higher education after the program at MU
- Accommodating special needs
- Resolving challenges with lecturers, thesis supervisors/supervision, etc.
- Advice regarding the Semester Conference, plagiarism cases, etc.
- Balancing academic and work life
- Integrating to life at the university and in Vienna
- Coping with anxiety and stress
While administrative concerns would likely best be met through the Academic office, SSSC or other MU Departments, the Open Office is an additional resource for students who need academic and/or personal support. Students can choose which advisor to reach out to, whereby the Academic Mentors should be addressed for academic matters and the Counselor for more personal issues. Students are very much encouraged to make use of this program to address their concerns. The Open Office advisors will listen to students' experiences, provide helpful feedback, and respect the confidentiality of all students.
In case of any concerns, students should feel free to approach an advisor in their office or make an appointment via telephone/e-mail.