MSc in International Tourism Management
Be ready for the global tourism industry. The Master of Science (MSc) in International Tourism Management (ITM) graduate program prepares students to best address the future needs of the global tourism industry. The only Master of Science in Austria awarded the United Nations World Tourism Organization’s TedQual Certification, the program focuses on leadership and management, specifically with regards to hospitality-related companies, tourism marketing, tourism planning organizations, and policy makers.
Tailor your degree with an optional specialization and hands-on work experience. As part of your comprehensive tourism management education, you can add another skill set with an optional Enrichment Course Specialization. Specializations offer students the flexibility to acquire a deeper insight into areas such as Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership, Digital Marketing, Innovation and Experience Design for Tourism, Real Estate Management or Sustainable Management and Policy. In addition, students can take advantage of integrating a customized internship into their curriculum and gain practical, hands-on experience through an internship or the Industry Excellence Program.
See the world and engage. Make your student life a truly international experience by going on exchange in your third semester to Madrid, Barcelona, Philadelphia or Florida. Our students take part in international student conferences, as well as present their own projects with key industry players.
- Among the world’s 25 top performing universities in top-cited publications (U-Multirank)
- United Nations World Tourism Organization accredited Tourism Program
- International university with English as the instruction language
- Graduates are prepared for leadership positions within the tourism industry
- Industry-specific course content and research opportunities
- Exposure to emerging trends in future tourism management
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing 21st-century challenges
- Courses delivered by internationally-recognized tourism experts
- Unique network of startups, industry partners and investors at the MU Startup Hub
Info Evenings & Open Days
If you have further questions about this program, the admissions process or Vienna then our online Info Evenings or Open Days on campus are a great opportunity to talk to us in person. Register for the event of your choice and explain your case either online or privately on campus.