Master in International Tourism Management
Be ready for the global tourism industry. The Master of Science (MSc) in International Tourism Management (ITM) graduate program prepares students to best address the future needs of the global tourism industry. The program focuses on leadership and management, specifically with regards to hospitality-related companies, tourism marketing, tourism planning organizations, and policy makers.
We want you to ask questions. Building on recent developments in sustainable development and new media technology, the MSc in International Tourism Management challenges students to discuss the impact of technology on tourism and tourism on destinations and societies.
Take Responsibility. Learn about the relationships between the principles of innovativeness, sustainability and destination management, from accredited industry experts. Do you want to investigate which policies can be implemented in the tourism production chain to create memorable experiences for tourists balancing interests of all stakeholders involved? At MODUL University Vienna, you will acquire the tools and experience to tackle these topics head-on.
Prepare yourself for a global business environment. Optional specializations offer students the flexibility to acquire a deeper insight into areas such as Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership, Digital Marketing and Social Media, Innovation and Experience Design for Tourism, or Sustainable Management and Governance. In addition, students can take advantage of integrating a customized internship into their curriculum.
See the world and engage. Make your student life a truly international experience by going on exchange in your third semester to Madrid, Barcelona, Philadelphia or Florida. Our students take part in international student conferences, as well as present their own projects with key industry players.
- Among the world’s 25 top performing universities in top-cited publications (U-Multirank)
- United Nations World Tourism Organization accredited Tourism Program
- International university with English as the instruction language
- Graduates are prepared for leadership positions within the tourism industry
- Industry-specific course content and research opportunities
- Exposure to emerging trends in future tourism management
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing 21st-century challenges
- Courses delivered by internationally-recognized tourism experts
- Unique network of startups, industry partners and investors at the MU Startup Hub