MSc in Sustainable Development, Management and Policy
Be an influencer for future global challenges. Guided by expert faculty, you will learn how effective implementation of sustainability strategies will help to overcome societal, economic, and environmental challenges. In this one-of-a-kind Master program, you will gain skills needed to design and implement sustainable development strategies on the household, business, city, regional, national, and global levels. MU's prioritization of sustainability as an integral part of the university offers unique opportunities for students to gain hands-on learning experience.
Become an agent of change. The Master of Science (MSc) in Sustainable Development, Management and Policy provides training for a new generation of professionals who will confidently respond to future global sustainability challenges. Topics include stakeholder-specific implementation; public, private, and third sector implications; policy and governance-related issues; environmental and sustainable management issues, and economic development issues.
Expand your knowledge with a specialization. Optional specializations offer students the flexibility to acquire a deeper insight into areas such as Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Leadership, Innovation and Experience Design for Tourism, Real Estate Management, Sustainable Management and Policy, or Tourism and Services Management. In addition, students can take advantage of integrating a customized internship into their curriculum.
We challenge you to link theory with practice. Our students gain confidence through lively classroom debates and simulations which help remove sustainability from symbolic frames, challenging students to link theory directly with practice. Graduates will be ready to adapt skills learned both in and out of the classroom to future career challenges.
- Among the world’s 25 top performing universities in top-cited publications (U-Multirank)
- Multidisciplinary context, unique curriculum, and customized research opportunities
- Emphasis on critical thinking, collaborative learning, and addressing 21st-century challenges
- Exposure to emerging eco-friendly conceptual tools and management skills
- Small class sizes taught by key experts
- Globally-oriented university environment with English as the instruction language
- Graduates ready to fill in-demand positions in a wide variety of public and private organizations
- Unique network of startups, industry partners and investors at the MU Startup Hub
Info Evenings & Open Days
If you have further questions about this program, the admissions process or Vienna then our online Info Evenings or Open Days on campus are a great opportunity to talk to us in person. Register for the event of your choice and explain your case either online or privately on campus.